Are you looking for a high profile career with the advantages of a small town living?
Come work for one of the most recognizable brands in the world; enjoy the benefits of short lines, zero traffic, and incredible local culture. Nestled in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains, Zippo Manufacturing Company is a family owned company with a BIG attitude!
Zippo markets in more than 160 countries and is one of the most recognized brands in the world. Based in Bradford, Pennsylvania, Zippo has produced more than 550 million windproof lighters, each backed by an unparalleled lifetime guarantee.
Zippo’s diverse product line includes lighter accessories; butane candle lighters; fragrance, eyewear, and lifestyle accessories; and a robust line of heat and flame products for outdoor enthusiasts.
Zippo also owns Ronson Consumer Products Company, a brand of lighters and fuel, and W.R. Case and Sons Cutlery Company, both based in Bradford. Case is an American manufacturer of premium, hand-crafted knives that are passed down for generations. Zippo celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2017. If you are interested in a career opportunity with this growing global company, contact us at email@example.com
Are you interested in starting an amazing career?
If you are interested in any of the below positions, please submit letter of application, resume, and salary requirements to:
Zippo Manufacturing Co.
Senior Director of Human Resources
33 Barbour Street
Bradford, PA 16701
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking a qualified Programmer Analyst for a full-time, salaried opportunity in their Information Technology department.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Design solutions to meet business requirements using off-the-shelf and custom software.
- Analyze, modify, and document business logic within existing applications.
- Contribute to software releases with high quality code and tests.
- Effectively communicate with management, project stakeholders, and teammates.
- Support critical business functions including shipping and reporting systems.
- Develop and manage relationships with business units and team leads.
- Experience with an OOP language such as C#, Java, or Python.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries utilizing joins in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or other RDBMS.
- Ability to work within a structured or formal software development process.
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- 5+ years’ experience programming in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years’ experience programming in C#.
- 5+ years’ experience programming in X++ within the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system.
- Comprehension of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices.
- Proficient in database programming utilizing transactions and stored procedures.
- Proficient in writing performance-optimized SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience using version control systems in a distributed team environment.
- Experience with help-desk, ticketing, or defect tracking tools.
- Must be a self-motivated, team-player with professional-level communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Zippo Manufacturing Company is looking for an advertising agency account manager with at least 4 years’ experience managing accounts, to be their new Marketing Communications Manager for North America.
Zippo Marketing believes that there are certain skills and attitudes that are typically inherent in agency account managers that would do well here in the company’s global headquarters. The Marketing Communications Manager will support and direct Zippo’s communications efforts, public relations, product launches and consumer engagement.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the creation of marketing communications as well as manage creative partners. Must be able to interact with other marketing managers, sales managers, senior level executives, and independently represent marketing on cross-department teams.
Primary duties include:
- Participate and lead in marketing strategy development.
- Work with the marketing team on production and execution of collateral, public relations, digital communications, trade shows, and other forms of external communications.
- Assist and guide product launches as well as track and respond to marketing metrics.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization on content and delivery of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Work with outside vendors, including advertising & PR agencies, freelancers, and digital shops.
- Assist in copywriting for a wide range of tactics including executive presentations, press releases, newsletters, direct mail, promotions, and digital communications.
- Assist in special projects as they come up.
The ideal fit will be:
- An experienced ad agency account manager.
- An excellent communicator verbally and in writing presentations. Will have the ability to provide objective and actionable input to various groups, both internally and to marketing services providers. Can manage expectations as well as effectively communicate to staff, stakeholders, and executive management.
- A strategic planner who is analytical and can build strategies and tactics to achieve objectives. Will know how to write a position statement, a creative rationale, and understand the nature and importance of branding.
- A creative thinker that can grasp rough concepts and translate them to a liner action plan.
- Experienced with at least 4 years of handling substantive responsibilities in either a client or agency environment. Time on both client and agency sides-even better.
- Open to domestic and international travel.
This is a special opportunity to join an iconic global brand as it prepares to launch new initiatives that will take it into new categories, new market, and a bright new future. The new Marketing Communications Manager will play a meaningful role in Zippo’s marketing objectives.
The 85+ year-old company is headquartered in northwest Pennsylvania in the picturesque Allegany Forest. With the combination of great company benefits, an excellent compensation package, attractive cost of housing, and amazing outdoor activities, the ideal candidate should be looking for not only a great job, but also a great quality of life.
Maybe it’s time to leave the unpredictable world of agencies and start working on a solid long term career with a great global company.
To apply for this great opportunity, submit letter of application and resume. If submitting via email, please enter "Look no more" in the subject line.
Zippo is seeking engineering professionals.
Candidates must have at least five to ten years of experience in providing engineering services and support to manufacturing operations; demonstrated experience with directing supporting resources; able to develop, source, implement, and maintain manufacturing technologies for automated assembly equipment, fabrication tooling, and machines for forming, bonding, machining, finishing, and decoration processes; and experience at a high level of expertise with the use of CAD technologies.
Previous work experiences with integrated automated inspection technologies, various assembly processes and lean/continuous improvement methods are considered a plus.
A bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering is required.
AREA SALES MANAGERS
Zippo is currently seeking Area Sales Managers (ASMs) for each of the following areas:
- Eastern Pennsylvania
- Winston/Salem, NC
Candidate is preferably already located in specified area
We are seeking individuals who are driven, creative sales professionals, who know how to engage with customers and build lasting relationships. The Area Sales Manager will help their retail clients maximize consumer sales with the full range of Zippo products.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Reports to the Director of Field Sales.
- Conduct daily sales calls based on assigned objectives.
- Present all new product launches to existing and prospective customers.
- Develop and add new customers, calling on both wholesalers and retailers in assigned territory as necessary.
- Travel and conduct sales meetings with existing customers on assigned frequency, and at least weekly, to review their business performance.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Achieve agreed upon cost expenditures within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities observed during the course of employment with Zippo, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and product trends.
- Develop promotional activities for key customers to assist with growing sales.
- Recommend product assortments to customers.
- Forecast, track profitability, and provide progress reports as needed.
- Facilitate resolution of operational issues to ensure compliance and minimize chargebacks.
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows as needed.
- Work primarily within assigned territory, but travel to other locations for discrete periods on occasion, as required.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in sales/retail, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver’s License, ability to comply with all applicable motor vehicle laws, and evidence of sufficient insurance coverage.
- Ability to work remotely from a home-based office.
- Availability to travel (overnight domestic travel up to 50%) and work outside of regularly scheduled work hours, as needed.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities without losing sight of important details.
- Organizational, planning, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Writing, presentation/public speaking, and listening skills.
- Experience calling on retailers and wholesaler customers, as well as demonstrated skills in achieving sales and profitability goals.
- Business math ability (understanding margins, mark-up, etc.).
- Understanding of account buying cycles, margin, and sell-thru expectations.
We are a company with a superior reputation worldwide, unparalleled customer service, deep-rooted loyalty to our employees and consumers, and a profound commitment to renewable resources long before being “green” was in.
We value and appreciate our employees and are committed to treating everyone with fairness and respect. Our goal is to create an environment that draws upon the strengths and differences of each individual to bring fresh and innovative ideas to life. Talented professionals are the key to our success. We need experienced leaders who consistently embrace change while generating enthusiasm and challenging others to high performance. Hard work, knowledge, and commitment are rewarded. Our benefits, compensation, and development programs are designed to attract and retain the most talented workforce in the industry.
Zippo Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Zippo is a family-owned company instilled with traditional values. Our mission to “build your product with integrity, stand behind it 100% and success will follow” is as true today as it was more than 80 years ago.
Zippo offers a competitive salary and a wide range of employee benefits.